Updated July 2018
Also available in Microsoft Word format.
In the first phase of my career, I developed software professionally for over 27 years. I’ve delivered all shapes and sizes of software: mission-critical, multi-threaded application libraries and services, web applications, graphical desktop applications, server applications, command-line utilities, and developer APIs.
As of late 2017, I have moved away from software development and into professional services, where I now focus on customer interaction during solution delivery rather than solution implementation.
Professional Services Senior Partner
|NCR Corporation||Singapore||November 2017 – present|
- Lead a SelfServ Checkout Center of Expertise (CoE) for NCR Professional Services in the Asia-Pacific region, working together with other leads in the region during the sale, deployment, and support of retail self-checkout solutions for NCR customers.
- Manage a team of technical consultants supporting retail self-checkout solutions for NCR customers across the Asia-Pacific region, including Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Australia-New Zealand.
Senior Agile Coach
|NCR Corporation||Duluth, Georgia||March 2016 – October 2017|
- Leads local and offshore development teams in the development of self-checkout and self-service kiosk software for the retail and postal industries.
- Develops, documents, and mentors team members in the implementation of software processes.
- Works with NCR Professional Services to gather, understand, and clarify customer requirements.
- Creates estimates and project plans for software development projects.
- Architects, designs, and documents solutions to meet requirements for NCR customers.
- Provides mentoring and consultation to other development teams.
Senior Software Engineer, Lead
|Bsquare Corporation||Atlanta, Georgia||January 2016 – March 2016|
- Worked on-site at Coca-Cola, designing and developing software features for the Coca-Cola Freestyle beverage dispenser.
C++, Windows CE 6.0 Embedded, Win32 API
Software Technical Lead
|SYSGENS, Inc.||Duluth, Georgia||January 2003 – December 2015|
- Led local and offshore development teams in the development of point-of-sale, self-checkout, and self-service kiosk software.
- Worked with NCR Professional Services to gather, understand, and clarify customer requirements.
- Created estimates and project plans for software development projects.
- Architected and designed solutions to meet requirements for NCR customers.
- Designed, developed, maintained, and provided training for key software components and APIs.
- Led integration project for a self-service kiosk for the British post office, Post Office Ltd. Developed an innovative integration of NCR’s self-service checkout application with a new, back-end integration to a SOAP web service rather than a point-of-sale system. The kiosk helped Post Office meet savings targets, and it provided a new platform for self-service offerings not found in other integrations of NCR’s self-service checkout.
- Led design and development of a new user interface subsystem, known as Apex, for NCR Advanced Checkout Solution (ACS) to extend my previous work with the UI. The new UI added support for touch devices, hybrid touch/DynaKey devices, and full keyboard devices, while also providing multi-language support.
- Designed, developed, and maintained the integration subsystem between NCR’s self-service checkout and ACS, known as ACSIO.
|Vorsite Corporation||Seattle, Washington||March 2002 – December 2002|
- Developed intranet web applications and native utilities for Microsoft, a Vorsite contract customer and partner.
- Developed client-side browser controls targeting HTML 4 and DOM 2 browsers, for both ASP and ASP.NET applications.
Senior Design Engineer
|Intava, Inc.||Bellevue, Washington||January 2001 – November 2001|
- Designed and implemented server products for the wireless Internet industry.
- Implemented XML-RPC specification in Java to support integration of Java server code with multiple web servers via an RPC interface.
|Parks Computing Services, Inc.||Lawrenceville, Georgia||January 2000 – December 2000|
- Created Java servlet to generate report data selection forms for browser-based application, using XSL stylesheets to format output of XML data. Output of the report form was sent to Actuate reporting engine.
|SYSGENS, Inc.||Duluth, Georgia||February 1994 – December 1999|
- Developed software for NCR Advanced Checkout Solution (ACS) point-of-sale systems, both platform and application.
- Designed and developed a new user interface for NCR ACS to support a new point-of-sale input device, the NCR 7450 DynaKey.
C++, C, Windows, Unix
|PC DOCS, Inc.||Tallahassee, Florida||February 1993 – January 1994|
- Performed analysis and implementation of software designs for PC DOCS version 4.2 and 4.3.
- Served as technical liaison to customer-support department and provided on-site technical support.
C, Windows, DOS
Computer Programmer Analyst
|Executive Office of the Governor||Tallahassee, Florida||December 1989 – January 1993|
- Performed programming and analysis duties for Legislative Appropriations System/Planning and Budgeting Subsystem (LAS/PBS), wrote applications in MVS/ESA environment in Natural 2.1 with ADABAS database, maintained existing COBOL applications, and wrote and maintained related JCL.
- Worked in the Personal Computer Support unit developing and maintaining PC-to-mainframe data transfer utilities in Microsoft Professional BASIC to create Lotus spreadsheets from mainframe-resident state budget data.
- Developed a character-based, windowed user interface for use in transfer utilities./li>
- Wrote related Windows applications with Microsoft Visual Basic 1.0 and Borland C 3.0./li>
- Maintained office PCs, and installed and evaluated PC software. Performed limited administration duties on a 25-node Microsoft LAN Manager network.
C, Visual Basic, Microsoft Professional Basic, COBOL, Software AG Natural, ADABAS, Windows, DOSShare