Updated August 2022
Also available in Microsoft Word format.
I have delivered all shapes and sizes of software: graphical desktop applications, kiosk and point-of-sale systems, server applications, web applications, system services, command-line utilities, and APIs. I have also worked in professional services, where I focused on customer interaction during solution delivery. I have successfully led multiple geographically dispersed, culturally diverse development teams delivering mission-critical software to large customers.
Singapore permanent resident as of March 2022.
- Software project management in full life cycle of delivery from inception through architecture, design, development, testing, delivery, and support.
- Communicating complex technical matters to a non-technical audience, as well as understanding non-technical business concerns and translating them into technical solutions.
- Leading remote, international teams in software development and support.
- Understanding and respecting cultural differences in teams that span multiple countries and time zones.
Customer Success Manager
|CloudCover Pte. Ltd.||Singapore||August 2022 – Present|
- As Customer Success Manager for CloudCover’s Code Pipes product I am ultimately responsible for ensuring Code Pipes customers are successful at meeting their goals using the product. I advocate for the customer and their needs and focus on keeping them successful.
Software Team Lead
|Diebold-Nixdorf||Singapore||September 2021 – August 2022|
- Led a team of retail business analysts based in various cities across the Asia-Pacific region. The business analysts are engaged with Diebold-Nixdorf customers across the APAC region in multiple retail projects for point-of-sale, self-service checkout, and loyalty solutions in the grocery, fuel & convenience, health & beauty, and fashion retail sectors.
- Led a team of software engineers based in Singapore developing and maintaining Diebold-Nixdorf’s TP.Linux retail point-of-sale application.
- Active participant in the APAC Retail Professional Services management team, reporting to the director of APAC Retail Professional Services.
Technical Consulting Senior Manager
|NCR Corporation||Singapore||November 2017 – July 2021|
- Consulted on multiple retail projects across the Southeast Asia sub-region from pre-sales through delivery.
- Liaised between NCR’s software engineering teams and in-region professional-services teams working directly with the customer to ensure that customer solutions were delivered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Worked directly with customers in the APAC region to identify and resolve issues.
Senior Software Engineer
|NCR Corporation||Atlanta, Georgia, USA||March 2016 – October 2017|
- Led local and offshore development teams in the design, development, testing, and delivery of self-checkout and self-service kiosk software for the retail and postal industries.
- Projects included delivering self-checkout solutions for NCR’s largest retail account and for a national post office service.
- Worked directly with customers to gather, understand, and clarify requirements.
- Created estimates and project plans for software development projects.
Senior Software Engineer, Lead
|Bsquare Corporation||Atlanta, Georgia, USA||January 2016 – March 2016|
- Worked on-site at Coca-Cola, designing and developing features for the Coca-Cola Freestyle beverage dispenser.
C++, Windows CE 6.0 Embedded, Win32 API
Software Technical Lead
|SYSGENS, Inc.||Atlanta, Georgia, USA||January 2003 – December 2015|
- Led local and offshore development teams in the development of point-of-sale, self-checkout, and self-service kiosk software.
- Worked with NCR Professional Services to gather, understand, and clarify customer requirements.
- Created estimates and project plans for software development projects.
- Architected and designed solutions to meet requirements for NCR customers.
- Designed, developed, maintained, and provided training for key software components and APIs.
- Led integration project for a self-service kiosk for the British post office, Post Office Ltd. Developed an innovative integration of NCR’s self-service checkout application with a new, back-end integration to a SOAP web service rather than a point-of-sale system. The kiosk helped Post Office meet savings targets, and it provided a new platform for self-service offerings not found in other integrations of NCR’s self-service checkout.
- Led design and development of a new user interface subsystem, known as Apex, for NCR Advanced Checkout Solution (ACS) to extend my previous work with the UI. The new UI added support for touch devices, hybrid touch/DynaKey devices, and full keyboard devices, while also providing multi-language support.
- Designed, developed, and maintained the integration subsystem between NCR’s self-service checkout and ACS, known as ACSIO.
|Vorsite Corporation||Seattle, Washington, USA||March 2002 – December 2002|
- Developed intranet web applications and native utilities for Microsoft, a Vorsite contract customer and partner.
- Developed client-side browser controls targeting HTML 4 and DOM 2 browsers, for both ASP and ASP.NET applications.
Senior Design Engineer
|Intava, Inc.||Bellevue, Washington, USA||January 2001 – November 2001|
- Designed and implemented server products for the wireless Internet industry.
- Implemented XML-RPC specification in Java to support integration of Java server code with multiple web servers via an RPC interface.
|Parks Computing Services, Inc.||Atlanta, Georgia, USA||January 2000 – December 2000|
- Created Java servlet to generate report data selection forms for browser-based application, using XSL stylesheets to format output of XML data. Output of the report form was sent to Actuate reporting engine.
|SYSGENS, Inc.||Atlanta, Georgia, USA||February 1994 – December 1999|
- Developed software for NCR Advanced Checkout Solution (ACS) point-of-sale systems, both platform and application.
- Designed and developed a new user interface for NCR ACS to support the NCR 7450 DynaKey.
C++, C, Windows, Unix
|PC DOCS, Inc.||Tallahassee, Florida, USA||February 1993 – January 1994|
- Performed analysis and implementation of software designs for PC DOCS version 4.2 and 4.3.
- Served as technical liaison to customer-support department and provided on-site technical support.
C, Windows, DOS
Computer Programmer Analyst
|Executive Office of the Governor||Tallahassee, Florida, USA||December 1989 – January 1993|
- Performed programming and analysis duties for Legislative Appropriations System/Planning and Budgeting Subsystem (LAS/PBS), wrote applications in MVS/ESA environment in Natural 2.1 with ADABAS database, maintained existing COBOL applications, and wrote and maintained related JCL.
- Worked in the Personal Computer Support unit developing and maintaining PC-to-mainframe data transfer utilities in Microsoft Professional BASIC to create Lotus spreadsheets from mainframe-resident state budget data.
- Developed a character-based, windowed user interface for use in transfer utilities.
- Wrote related Windows applications with Microsoft Visual Basic 1.0 and Borland C 3.0.
- Maintained office PCs, and installed and evaluated PC software. Performed limited administration duties on a 25-node Microsoft LAN Manager network.
C, Visual Basic, Microsoft Professional Basic, COBOL, Software AG Natural, ADABAS, Windows, DOS